Hey, Internet!
This is my very first blog post. Starting a blog has been something I have wanted to do for a very long time, and I finally took the plunge. I'm looking forward to getting this thing off the ground.
Overall, I want this blog to function as a space for me to share things that interest me with the rest of the world. I plan on also sharing some details about my life, and things will probably get a little personal, at times. I hope this doesn't weird anyone out. I promise to mostly focus on fun things.
Anyway, a little more about me. I am an academic medical librarian living in Henderson, NV, which is a suburb of Las Vegas. I've been out here for just over five years, and I'm at the point where I'd like to relocate. I'm thinking California right now, more specifically, Los Angeles, but we'll see what happens. I am originally from Plymouth, MI, which is about 30 minutes outside of Detroit.
I am currently in the last year of my 20s, and it's been a rough past year. I found myself in a professional rut (hence, the idea of relocating). I had some serious medical issues that were rather surprising. I became unexpectedly single after a very meaningful two-year relationship. I also fell into the deepest depression I have ever experienced. Yes, all of this sounds terrible, but I'm trying to see the bright side of things. Being at rock-bottom has given me an opportunity to change my life for the better. I am currently focusing on making myself a happier person, and this blog will feature the things that make me happy. I hope you will join me on my journey to "get my groove back." It should be a fun ride. I have a wide range of interests (you'll have to stay tuned), but I have some ideas of specific features I want to include here. More details about this will follow.
Anyway, welcome to Spirited Animal! I named the blog after my preferred style of dancing. My best friend tells me I look like I'm "seeking my spirit animal" when I dance. I don't really know what that means, but it makes me think of Stevie Nicks. I don't hate it.
No comments:
Post a Comment